What ECS card am I eligible for throughout this process?

Once you are registered on the Installation Electrician EWA programme you can apply for an ECS Experienced Worker card which is valid for 18 months.

The best way to apply for the ECS EWA card is to ask your training provider to apply for the card on your behalf. Alternatively, you can apply directly to the JIB yourself by making an application with your training documentation and existing underpinning knowledge certificates.

Once you successfully complete the AM2E assessment, you can apply for an ECS Installation Electrician Gold Card. You will still also need to hold a valid ECS Health, Safety & Environmental test as part of the application process. For more information please visit the ECS website.