There are six Level 3 Performance Units to be assessed before you can gain the Installation Electrician Experienced Worker qualification:
- Apply Health, Safety and Environmental Considerations
- Organise and Oversee the Electrical Work Environment
- Apply Design and Installation Practices and Procedures
- Terminate and Connect Conductors
- Inspect, Test and Commission Electrical Systems
- Apply Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
To pass these units, you must provide evidence from one or more sites where you are working to demonstrate you can fully meet the performance requirements of each unit.
Only performance evidence after you have registered on EWA can be counted towards the performance requirement. Previous work evidence can help demonstrate your eligibility for EWA but cannot be used as evidence towards the performance unit assessments.
You’ll be assessed via a range of methods and an assessor will need to observe you at work on at least one occasion during the evidence gathering process. At least one assessment must be carried out live and in person, with both the candidate and assessor physically present in the same location.
You will also need to complete awards in BS 7671:2018 and Initial Verification if you don’t already have these qualifications.